BloodSTOP® and BloodSTOP® iX are biocompatible, non-irritating, woven matrices of fibers made from natural plant compounds. They adhere to a wound, initiate blood coagulation, stop bleeding, and form a protective layer to create an optimal environment for wound healing. Their water solubility allows for removal by rinsing, without disruption of a clotted surface.
These products are covered by U.S. Patent No. 7,262,181.
BloodSTOP for surface wounds
BloodSTOP® is a biocompatible, non-irritating, hemostatic agent which resembles traditional gauze. Using a proprietary formulation, cotton cellulose is etherized and oxidized to make a water-soluble, hemostatic matrix. Its composition provides certain advantages for natural rapid hemostasis as well as patient comfort and improved wound management when compared with traditional adhesive bandages, sprays, chemical powder, or animal-based products.
How it Works
When applied to a wound, BloodSTOP® quickly absorbs blood and other body fluids, transforms into a gel to seal the wound with a protective transparent layer, actively aids in blood coagulation, and creates an environment for wound healing.
- Easy to use
- Acts in less than a minute
- No animal-derived material
- Active bleeding control over traditional gauzes
- Painless upon application and removal
- Water soluble for easy removal without disruption to wound surface
- Adheres to the wound without the discomfort of adhesives
- Easy to cut, pack or layer to fit the wound
- Safe for all age groups
- Single use sterile packaging, several sizes