BloodSTOP® is a natural, biocompatible, non-irritating, animal-free material that adheres to a wound, absorbs blood, stops bleeding, and forms a protective layer to create an environment for wound healing. Its water solubility allows it to be rinsed off without disruption to the clotted surface.
BloodSTOP for surface wounds
BloodSTOP® is a natural, biocompatible, non-irritating, animal-free hemostatic agent which resembles traditional gauze. Using a proprietary formulation, cotton cellulose is etherized and oxidized to make a highly absorbent, water-soluble, hemostatic matrix. Its composition provides certain advantages for natural rapid hemostasis as well as patient comfort and improved wound management when compared with traditional adhesive bandages, sprays, chemical powder, or animal-based products.
How it Works
When applied to a wound, BloodSTOP® quickly absorbs blood and other body fluids, transforms into a gel to seal the wound with a protective transparent layer, actively aids in blood coagulation, and creates an environment for wound healing.
- Easy to use
- Acts in less than a minute
- No animal-derived material
- Active bleeding control over traditional gauzes
- Painless upon application and removal
- Water soluble for easy removal without disruption to wound surface
- Adheres to the wound without the discomfort of adhesives
- Easy to cut, pack or layer to fit the wound
- Safe for all age groups
- Single use sterile packaging, several sizes