Put BloodSTOP® iX to work in the ER
Emergency Room medical personnel face unexpected challenges every day. Medical products that are reliable and highly practical in their application are vital to the success of the ER operation.
LifeScience PLUS developed BloodSTOP® iX with Emergency Room operations in mind. All BloodSTOP® hemostatic products are fast-acting and require less hands-on time to administer. When time-to-hemostasis can be significantly reduced, ER personnel are freed up to monitor other vital signs and stabilize critical patients in the shortest possible time.
BloodSTOP® iX provides a number of important advantages in the ER. It is ready to use out of the package and easy to apply. When applied to a wound, BloodSTOP® iX quickly absorbs blood and exudates, transforms into a gel to seal the wound with a protective transparent layer, binds and activates platelets, provides support for clot formation, and creates an environment for wound healing. In the ER, where every second counts, BloodSTOP® iX saves critical time.
Features and Benefits
- Easy to use
- Acts in under a minute
- Biocompatible, non-irritating
- Safe for all age groups
- Universally conforms to wound surfaces
- May be cut to meet specific bleeding sites, like nosebleeds or deep cuts
- Effective when used in multiple layers for larger bleeds
- Remains in place without adhesive
- No animal-derived material
- Water soluble for easy removal without disruption to wound surface
- Easy to open individual sterile packaging, long shelf-life
- Cost-effective compared with other hemostatic products