BloodSTOP® iX for Emergency Care
Indication for Use
Emergency and therapeutic use in the control of bleeding from the skin and other surface wounds where temporary control of bleeding is required.
Designed for medical professionals and hospitals, for emergency uses.
Made with 100% natural plant components, BloodSTOP® iX is a new generation hemostat, water soluble, oxidized-etherified regenerated cellulose. It is a fully biocompatible, non-irritating, woven matrix of fibers.
It adheres to any wound and, upon contact with blood, initiates blood coagulation, stops bleeding in a timely manner, and forms a protective layer of gel that creates an optimal environment for wound healing. Its water solubility allows easy removal through rinsing without disruption of the clotted wound surface. BloodSTOP® iX exerts its pro-coagulant activity by activating the intrinsic coagulation pathway, accelerating clot formation.
It can be used in internal surgery in countries that recognize the European Union Class III CE certification. Its EU Class IIb CE certification for surface wound hemostasis also includes the treatment of patients on anticoagulant medications. In the US, BloodSTOP® iX has currently obtained the FDA 510K market clearance for surface wound hemostasis.
Features and Benefits
- Easy to use, carry and care
- Stops bleeding instantly
- Creates a natural healing environment
- Conforms to any wound
- Completely biocompatible – non-irritating
- Stay on wound
- Solubility in saline eases the removal of dirt and foreign bodies during wash out
- Translucent get – easy to monitor and seals the wound
- Cost effective
Instructions for Use
1. Apply 1 or more layers to clean wound with dry or gloved hand.
3. If bleeding has not stopped, repeat steps 1-2. Cover with additional bandage to maintain moist wound environment. If bleeding continues, seek medical attention.
Instructions for Nosebleed
1. Insert gently by hand, or with cotton swab, as close to the source of bleeding as possible, toward center and back of head.
2. Compress both nostrils from above until bleeding stops. Repeat if necessary. Seek medical attention if bleeding does not stop.
3. To remove, gently tug or squeeze gel out of the nostril. Gently rinse with water.