BloodSTOP® iX for Emergency Wound Care
Sample Request Form
* These fields are required.
Designed for medical professionals and hospitals, for emergency uses.
Made with 100% natural plant components, BloodSTOP® iX is a new generation hemostatic wound dressing made from water soluble, etherified sodium carboxymethyl nanocellulose. It is a fully biocompatible, non-irritating, woven matrix of fibers.
It adheres to any wound and, upon contact with blood, initiates blood coagulation, stops bleeding in a timely manner, and forms a protective layer of gel that creates an optimal environment for wound healing. Its water solubility allows easy removal through rinsing without disruption of the clotted wound surface. BloodSTOP® iX exerts its pro-coagulant activity by activating the intrinsic coagulation pathway, accelerating clot formation.
It can be used in internal surgery in countries that recognize the European Union Class III CE certification. Its EU Class IIb CE certification for surface wound hemostasis also includes the treatment of patients on anticoagulant medications. In the US, BloodSTOP® iX has currently obtained the FDA 510K market clearance for surface wound hemostasis.
Features and Benefits
- Acts fast, can be life saving
- Creates a natural healing environment
- Conforms to any wound
- Completely biocompatible – non-irritating
- Sticks to and seals wounds
- Solubility in any fluid including saline, easing the removal of dirt and foreign bodies by irrigation
- Translucent gel – easy to monitor
- Easy to use and carry
- Cost effective
Leg Abrasion Video
BloodSTOP® iX applied on large injury wound
A SWAT officer struck in the face with a piece of bullet fragment from a ricochet on the steel…I applied BloodSTOP® iX and was truly surprised to find that the BloodSTOP® iX absolutely did wonders for stopping the bleeding in a matter of just 20 to 30 seconds…When the ER staff took everything off, there was no bleeding and the scaring was very minimal. The whole staff at the ER was amazed. I am very happy with the performance of BloodSTOP® iX, and it will be my continued go-to hemostatic agent of choice in my trauma bag.Officer M. Ocepek
Instructions for Use
Instructions for Nosebleed
1. Insert gently by hand, or with cotton swab, as close to the source of bleeding as possible, toward center and back of head.
2. Compress both nostrils from above until bleeding stops. Repeat if necessary. Seek medical attention if bleeding does not stop.
3. To remove, gently tug or squeeze gel out of the nostril. Gently rinse with water.
Indication for Use
Emergency and therapeutic use in the control of bleeding from the skin and other surface wounds where temporary control of bleeding is required.